Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Running Log #3, 5/7/14

Today we did 200's on the track. The objective is to run a pace that is a couple seconds faster than your average hundred, at least that's what it seems to me. The goal is for you to be able to use that pace during a race, either for the start or finish, or, if you're really a baller, use it the entire race. Generally speaking, I can't do that, but it is helpful for me to have practice running controlled yet fast paces like that, they help me to know what it feels like to come out hard but not too hard. And of course they put that final 200 meters in perspective.

Anyhow, my time to hit was 32.5-33, but I never hit that time once, and it really pissed me off, because usually I do get somewhere within 32. Today though it was three 31's and one 34. And the 100 meter splits were not even. On one I had a 14/17 split. That's not good. I suppose I can blame this inconsistency on the fact that I ran a mile in less than 5 minutes yesterday (woot).

An aside from the workout itself, I realized today that our team is going to suck a little more with our senior runner Natalee gone. Without her it'll just be a bunch of dudes. Not that the guys on our team suck, they're my bros. My only point is that we're going to be even more imbalanced than we are now, as far as guy to girl ratios go.

Another aside, the roster for our next race, the League Meet, was posted today. The race is this Saturday, and I will not be attending. It's ok with me. I understand and am not at all upset. They can only take two runners per event, and even though I'm running good times, there's just a surplus of guys on my team who are running even faster, which is awesome for our team.

My team is of the talent where the 7th guy on the CC Varsity roster is still a good runner. It's just dog eat dog level of closeness and competition on my team.

That's all I can think of, bitches.

No comments:

Post a Comment