Monday, May 5, 2014

Running Log #1, 5/5/14

6 mile long run today. My long run was 7 miles earlier in the season but now that the season is in full swing we haven't had the time to maintain higher numbers like that. My watch had 44:00. That was probably the coolest thing that happened to me all day. Out of all the seconds in a minute, I got the last one. Pretty cool.

I didn't think about anything during my run. If I did, it wasn't interesting enough to be remembered now, clearly. Sometimes I spend runs thinking about specific things, but today it was mostly how my legs felt a little stiff from my race Friday, and then fast quarters on the track Saturday.

Speaking of racing, I have two tomorrow. Mile and the 800 open. Not my usual events. I'm just glad the mile comes first, I want to see what I can do while I'm fresh. Though I am worried about my performance in the 800. I've only doubled up once before, and when I did it didn't go well. Hopefully that made me more prepared for this though. I don't know, we'll see.


PS
As of today my running streak is 304 days in a row.

No comments:

Post a Comment