Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Running Log #2, 5/6/14

Races went well today. I ran a 4:59 in the mile! The only lap that felt good was the first one, in which I ran a 70. The next three felt like I was going in slow motion, my lungs and legs burned. Despite those feelings from my body, I was still going under 5. It was a team versus team meet, and we smashed the other team in that race.

My 800 I ran a 2:18, first lap 65, second lap a 73. I didn't feel so hot, but I'm pleased that I stuck close to my only other 800 time this year, which was a 2:16.

On a note unrelated to my races, a girl named Kelly on our team had a breakthrough today, I think. She is not normally the kind of runner who tries very hard, at least not last year. This year she has been putting forth more effort. If you ask her what her best time was last year she couldn't tell you, but she can definitely tell you her best times of this year.

Anyways, today she hauled down like four chicks in the final 50 meters of her race. And she was PUMPED. Time can only tell of course, but we'll be seeing an upgraded version of this runner in the future. She's had a little taste of totally owning people, and she'll want more, probably.

No comments:

Post a Comment